Version: March 31, 2015
At Interface Health we believe that being transparent and engaging our members in building a valuable product and delivering a useful and relevant experience while respecting our members privacy are key to our success.
Our product and the services associated with it are designed with our members’ needs in mind. You have the opportunity to send us feedback, make changes, set preferences and ultimately have a say in how we build our product to help you be more productive and successful.
Privacy, security and confidentiality represent three key elements of how we earn your trust as an individual and how we build a community with members who can trust each other. Privacy without security and confidentiality cannot exist so we take them all, individually and collectively, very seriously.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page. Please read the Terms of Service, as well.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Interface Health Society, Attn: Privacy, 2900 – 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 0A3 Canada
We gather and use certain information about people and companies in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We describe in this policy how we gather data not how third party websites or mobile apps collect their data.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title.
- Contact information including email address and personal password.
- Demographic information, such as mailing address, postal code, phone number, preferences and interests.
- Billing information such as credit card information, which is securely passed to our payment processing partners, such as Eventbrite.
- Data you choose to share for the personal and/or company profile.
- Data about your contacts and social networks.
- Data about the type of device you use, operating system you use, settings you have on the device.
- Data regarding your geo-location. GPS information can only be collected with your express permission. Data such as Wifi and IP address received from your browser may be used to determine your approximate location.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
HOW WE USE DATA
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Interface Health, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customize the website and member experience for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
- We gather data on our websites that can be viewed on desktop and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see such information as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content, speed and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorized disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. When you submit sensitive information such as your email address and password we encrypt that information using SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in keeping with the highest standards of privacy and security. However, we want you to know that no electronic transmission or digital storage of data is ever fully secure or error free.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the interfacehealth.comand interfacesummit.com domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Interface Health Society, Attn: Privacy, 2900 – 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 0A3 Canada
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed securely.